Lessons From The Barber Shop
'Lucky Beauty Salon'...Lessons From The Barber Shop !
Much later in life I realised that 70% barber shops in Mumbai are called Lucky. I grew-up thinking that only the one next to dad's house was the Lucky one !
Unconsciously, I picked-up an assortment of lessons from 'The Lucky Beauty Salon'! Let me share :
1. Once an emotional bond is built, trust is irreplaceable. 'Mushtaq bhai' knew my hair so well that I did not have to tell him what & how I like it. Fancy outlets can add decorative value but cannot replace emotional bonding.
2. Where there is trust, one
surrenders full control & blindly entrusts charge even of a thing as precious as one's face. Sustainable Loyalty follows continued trust.
3. Respecting the unspoken limits is the basis of any relationship. One does not jump lines in a Salon. You may get a special cup of tea whilst waiting but jumping queue - disallowed.
4. Your critical investment in self-grooming adds to your self-confidence & presentation.
5. Visiting a salon is a matter of Habit. Sundays are never Sunday's till Mushtaq bhai - trims the beard.Habit formation is critical to building sustainable loyalty in business. The party does not end till the fat lady sings!
One more learning - where mind is open to learning, you don't need schools or books!